Monday, June 21, 2010

Angela Jia-An Angel To Follow In Business


Angela Jia Kim, Concert Pianist and Female Entrepreneur
Angela Jia Kim, A Woman To Watch (and to Listen to):
Successful woman entrepreneur Angela Jia Kim is a young, multi-talented professional. In addition to being an accomplished pianist (she even has several CDs out), she owns two businesses: Om Aroma & Co., that sells luxury organic spa and skincare products; and Savor the Success, a boutique social network for female entrepreneurs and professionals.
A Business is Born:
When Angela realized that this was becoming a business, she hired a team of holistic formulators and skincare experts to help create a complete line of skincare products free of parabens, formaldehyde, mineral oil, and synthetic fragrances.
"Just like the moment when my mom plopped me on the piano as a youngster, I haven't looked back since the day we launched."
In fact, less than one year later, her products are being sold throughout the U.S. from Florida to California to Vermont, and have received accolades in more than a dozen magazines and websites including Organic Spa Magazine, Forbes, iVillage, and Allure.
Her Desire to Help Other Women Launches a New Business
Savor the Success is a natural extension of Om Aroma. I found myself alone as a female entrepreneur building my company. I had a sales team, employees, and an assistant. What was the next step? I had gotten my college degree in music, not in business! I needed to reach out to peers and respected business women who were going through the same thing to learn from them.
I wanted a network of women who were committed to building serious businesses; who were completely dedicated to beating the odds, and who wanted a supportive community. I also wanted a social networking website that could work just as well as Facebook and LinkedIn - a real tool for getting ahead in business. Finally, I wanted meaningful workshops that helped make my business grow exponentially. If I was going to invest $300 in a workshop, I wanted that to be translated into many more zeros down the line.
I couldn't find such an organization, so I created it in Savor The Success. As business a woman who was building from the ground up, I needed it, and I knew that if I needed it, so did others.

No comments:

Post a Comment